Senior Manufacturing Engineer at Impossible Foods
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redwood City, California
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 6 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Protein group.
- Extraction, Separation and Purification Process Development and Optimization.
- Process Development & Optimization of medium and large scale extraction, separation and purification equipment/systems.
- Unit operations include mixing, depth and TFF filtration, centrifugation, simulated moving bed chromatography, freezing and drying.
- Ability to independently design, execute and analyze experimental plans. Draw conclusions and make technical recommendations to the entire organization.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping, data management and accountability
- Take leadership in creation and optimization of SOPs/ batch documentation, establish documentation systems and train colleagues on them.
- Design and oversee cleaning efficacy studies (Clean-in-place and clean-out-of-place) and implement effective and traceable cleaning protocols/documentation.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Protein System Design and Implementation.
- Lead projects in design, procurement, and implementation of medium and large-scale protein purification systems and processes while working closely with scientists, operators and external engineers and equipment vendors.
- Ensure that all systems and operations meet and maintain appropriate safety and food quality standards.
- Challenge industry standards and tailor solutions to what is needed in the short term and long term to advance our mission.
- Long Term Manufacturing Strategy.
- Take the initiative to develop long term manufacturing strategy and cost projections at a range of production scales.
- Analyze tradeoffs between retrofitting existing systems and building new facilities.
- 5 years of experience in pilot plant or manufacturing operations (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food).
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Food Science, Chemistry or related field.
- Direct experience with biotech and/or food processes, systems, large scale manufacturing equipment, and downstream process scale-up and troubleshooting.
- Oral and written communication.
- Excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- Project Management.
- Commitment to Process Improvement.
- Data Analytics.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Docs.