Senior Mechanical Engineer Job at Arkema
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 26763 - Posted 09/12/2017 - Health / Environment / Safety - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for supporting CapEx project and maintenance activities, mechanical integrity, and evaluating reliability of plant processes and equipment. Responsible for ensuring that all engineering, maintenance, and construction work is done safely and in accordance with plant and regulatory requirements. General design and maintenance of Static and rotating equipment (Shell & Tube heat exchangers, Fin Fan coolers, Valves, Columns, vessels, Reactors, Tanks, pipe lines pumps, compressors and mixer etc…)
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provided design and maintenance support rotating and fixed equipment used in Chemical and petrochemical production including Pressure vessels, Heat exchanger, tanks, piping, valves, pumps, compressors, mixer etc...
* As corporate SME for rotating and static equipment require deep knowledge of ASME, API and ANSI code
* Ensures that safety and loss control issues are considered and addressed for all engineering and maintenance activities.
* Oversees corporate maintenance and reliability activities. Facilitates innovative techniques to improve maintenance efficiency. Ensures that the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained while meeting the operational & maintenance goals set by the plants/BU and the Corporate reliability teams.
* Drive corporate reliability improvement program. Develops improvement plans to reduce costs for each major process and service group.
* Develops technical professionals through annual performance management plans and training protocols that maintain and expand levels of expertise.
* Support and lead multi-disciplined project or maintenance/reliability team
* Develop equipment specifications/data sheets and prepare technical requisitions, bid evaluations, and purchase recommendations.
* Approve designs/calculations made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes,
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects - each with multiple tasks.
* Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for mechanical input.
* Review and approve fabrication drawings, specifications and other submittals for conformance
* Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
* Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineering personnel throughout the company.
* Applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis to complex designs.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The Senior Mechanical Engineer provides support BU/plant reliability and maintenance managers, engineers, and supervisors to enhance the reliability of the operating units. The incumbent must comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, safety, environmental, and quality standards, and corporate policies. The incumbent must also comply with internal policies & procedures related to capital, accounting, signature authority, purchasing, safety, environmental, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering and 12-15 years of experience in Chemical and petrochemical operations, process design, and/or engineering.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, numbers, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder's supervisor, may also be required.
* Compliance with Arkema Inc. company policies & procedures.
* Compliance with department operating budgets.
* Leads continuous improvement efforts in the plant related to technical excellence, cost reductions, variable cost reductions and plant OAU through optimal use of the plant's technical resources.
* Responsible for all project & process improvements required to meet regulatory agency requirements.
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000 employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some $8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.