Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Columbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
* Effectively sell the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts.
* Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives.
* Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
* Interact respectfully and maintain dialog with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers.
* Have a thorough knowledge of all decision makers in each account.
* Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
* Support the rotating and merchandising of product.
* Complete all required training to improve performance and effectiveness.
* Monitor competitive activity and communicate strategies.
* Create opportunities and develop programs appropriate to customer base.
* Conduct promotions in assigned accounts as required.
* Sell required product/brand features (i.e. \\"Beer of the Month\\", \\"Happy Hour\\").
* Minimum visibility in assigned accounts must be equal to or greater than competition.
* Maintain appropriate themed programs to meet supplier and company standards.
* Increase net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year.
* Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc. by the required due date.
* Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed.
* Above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed.
* Adhere to all state liquor laws and regulations.
* Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company's Core Values at all times.
* High School diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
* Sales Fundamental (which includes Certified Sales Professional-CSP training and certification) required upon hiring
* Cicerone level one required within one (1) year of start date
* Minimum two (2) year previous sales experience in beverage industry
* General knowledge of industry products
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Bilingual preferred
* Effective organizational and time management skills
* Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
1. Lift, carry, push, pull up to 165 lbs.
2. Use arms, wrists, hands, grasp
3. Must be proficient in the use of industry tools including hand truck, six wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter, etc.
4. Must be able to safely operate a one ton motor vehicle (non-Commercial Driver License) in all weather conditions.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled