Assembler I at Anthony
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Conyers, Georgia
At Anthony, a Dover Company, we are a team, and every team member contributes to our vision: To enhance people s lives through safe and efficient merchandising technologies. For over 60 years, our products have been part of the critical path of the food chain that starts with the farm and ends with your family consuming fresh, safe and healthy foods. We are leading our industry by Innovating What s Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe.
As food delivery and technology converge, now more than ever, each employee at Anthony is a critical link in the chain that allows food to successfully reach consumers every day. New ideas and new innovations are fueling Anthony s future. We seek individuals who are positive, accountable, results driven and great managers of self to join us in the quest for innovation. Anthony offers a blend of a small company atmosphere with the benefits of large company scale, tools, and career opportunities. We are committed to recruit, develop and retain top talent - join our team today!
This position is required to work cooperatively as part of a production team to manufacture and assemble high quality Glass, Doors, and Frames. Must follow the work orders and SOP's to meet daily safety, quality, productivity, and delivery targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
* Responsible for the assembly or production of component parts into sub-assemblies, assemblies, and completed units adhering to the assembly traveler/standard work instructions.
* Jobs require the use of hand tools, electric tools, and pneumatic tools.
* Maintains acceptable performance standards for assembly, production, quality, safety, and housekeeping.
* All assembly operators are required to maintain their work area and common areas within the area in a clean and orderly condition by practicing 6-S as part of a plant-wide program.
* Performs minor adjustments, repairs, or setups to equipment or machines under supervision.
* Inspects parts or completed units by using visual inspection, gages, tape measures, check fixtures, calipers, or other inspection equipment.
* Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to their lead person or department supervisor
* Must be able to follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) where provided as well as follow instructions from lead and supervisors
* Cross training of team members and processes and assist with production as needed.
* Performs a variety of assembly or production duties with minimal supervision.
* Detail orientation
* Learning orientation
* Quality Conscientious
* Interpersonal skills
* Problem solving
H.S. diploma or GED
Prefer previous assembly or manufacturing or logistics/warehousing experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Basic PC skills useful
Basic Math--Ability to read tape measure, and understand fractions and decimals.
Analytical or Reasoning Abilities:
Some administration, and analytical
Communication Skills: (Writing, Foreign Language, Reasoning)
Communication skills (written and oral)
Other Skills (Technical, or Other special knowledge and abilities)
Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and complex environment. Team oriented individual who is flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment. Ability to plan and organize and to set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
* Ability stand, walk and/or sit for long periods of time
* Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a manufacturing/production shop environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery and cold temperatures.
Use proper PPE as required per company policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.