Small Business Administration Sales Officer at KeyCorp
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Small Business Administration Sales Officer
JOB BRIEF (PURPOSE)
Provides sales support, problem resolution and loan documentation and closing services for high volume SBA districts to enhance sales team effectiveness. Supports the SBA RM, across multiple teams, if applicable, in attaining district SBA loan production goals.
This job can serve as an excellent training continuum with a career path to an SBA RM.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The role of the Business Sales Officer (BSO) is to primarily support the SBA RMs within the BB sales team by responding to client transactions and assisting with client need identification/coordination, product delivery and sales planning to enhance the team s net Contribution Margin and portfolio profitability. The BSO consistently supports the Business Banking Sales Team with the delivery of the BB value proposition (clients bank at Key because their business is understood, their time is valued and solutions are provided to simplify their lives).
The SBA BSO will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process (Pipeline & Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience. This includes:
Pipeline & Opportunity Management
* Makes calls to external centers of influence (COIs) to set appointments for SBA RM
* Manages district process for SBA COI contact strategy.
* Networks with local organizations that would be likely referral sources for SBA loans. Paves the way for the SBA RM to set up appointments and develop further relationship.
* Makes as needed visits to branches or retail meetings to create awareness and provide basic product knowledge and process comfort to the retail sales force.
* Discusses the client with the SBA RM to better understand the client s needs.
* Supports SBA RM with sales preparation, documentation, loan closing, and servicing functions that would involve contact with the customer directly, including follow-up.
* Takes full ownership to ensure unresolved documentation exceptions are tracked on the exception report and clears documentation exceptions, working together with the SBA RM and the borrower.
* Serves as secondary contact to client and primary contact in SBA RM s absence to provide a high level of customer service and value.
* Directly involved with prospect/client new loan requests; collects appropriate financial information from borrower, discusses product features and coordinates conditions/details of credit with credit underwriters and client to ensure timely loan process.
* Works closely with multiple parties including outside counsel, BBRM and support staff, SBA credit and closing groups, the National Real Estate Group, borrowers, borrower s counsel, Title Company, escrow officers or other lenders to achieve a well coordinated and timely loan closing. Participates or conducts closing on behalf of the SBA RM as requested.
* Processes complex service requests as directed by client providing hands on service and follow-up to the very profitable clients for portfolio retention.
* Funds SBA loans once they are closed and completes advances throughout the draw process, if applicable to the loan.
* Coordinates other non-credit products by interfacing with product specialists to expedite the process, coordinate documentation and close on new product relationships.
* Provides expertise and assistance to SBA RM on internal support systems and functions to ensure that procedures and programs are being utilized properly.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
Provides expertise and assistance to BBRMs and District with various projects. Seeks solutions and efficiencies to the BB/MM processes, i.e. serving on internal taskforces and partnership groups.
Acts as operational client services liaison for team.
Proactively identifies process improvements to continuously enhance client service and documentation quality.
Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum 3-5 years related work experience.
Basic financial services knowledge
General knowledge of Business Banking products and services
Basic (Ideally comprehensive) knowledge of SBA products and services
Demonstrated experience with personal computer applications
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated knowledge of applicable technology including MS Windows/Office Products, Gateway, RMW, DDA Application, LMS, Hogan
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.