District Sales Manager (SalonCentric) - East Iowa/Western Illinois at L'Oreal USA
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Peoria, Illinois
District Sales Manager (SalonCentric) - East Iowa/Western Illinois
Job Title: District Sales Manager (SalonCentric) - East Iowa/Western Illinois
Location: East Iowa/Western Illinois - Eldridge, Davenport, Peoria, Champagne, Dixon
Reports To: Regional Sales Director
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L Or al USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
GIVE YOUR CAREER THE ULTIMATE MAKEOVER!!!
Do you love everything beauty related*
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the hair industry*
Do you want to be the first to learn about the hottest new products*
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
The District Sales Manager manages all sales and the financial budgets provided in the assigned territory including sales budgets and key performance indicators (KPI s) to meet or exceed the sales goals established by the Regional Sales Director. The District Sales Manager has a frequent and strong presence in the field to understand market activity, develop key accounts, coach and develop Sales Consultants and facilitate manufacturer support to accomplish corporate initiatives and sales growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Works in the field with customers, Sales Consultants, and manufacturers an average of three days per week to implement strategic sales plans to accomplish the corporate goals.
* Directs the sales activities and effectively communicates and monitors the goals to Sales Consultants based on the established growth number.
* Meets with key clients and assists Sales Consultants with maintaining and strengthening key account relationships.
* Works with and guides Sales Consultants to negotiate and develop new accounts.
* Responsible for coordinating on going staff training, new hire training and one-on-one training as needed to achieve sales expectations for their team.
* Implements effective training programs in conjunction with the Sales Training Department for experienced consultants by utilizing the manufacturer s technical support, product introductions, sales information, and marketing plans to refresh or maximize knowledge and sales effectiveness.
* Coaches, develops and motivates staff through regularly scheduled working sessions in the field, regional meetings, on going feedback regarding KPI s and sales goal attainment, and performance evaluations to develop and refine selling techniques and overall performance.
* Assists Sales Consultants in the development of business or improvement plans to address a key area of concern or opportunity.
* Manages and/or assists in all monthly sales meetings and presentations in a manner that will provide a quality learning experience for all Sales Consultants.
* Monitors the development and sales of educational events within the territory.
* Is knowledgeable of and communicates all market activity and competitive intelligence to Divisional Sales Manager to determine customer needs and territory growth opportunities.
* Manages expenses and travel costs within the allocation provided for the assigned territory.
* Maintains overall responsibility for monitoring diversion activity and alerting management to any suspicious activity with a recommended plan of action.
* Works closely with Human Resources to manage all recruitment and termination activity. Participates in the interview, selection and on-boarding process of all new hires. Recommends and initiates disciplinary procedures and seeks guidance for termination actions.
* Responsible for providing all administrative and reporting requests on time including sales and budget reports and ad hoc requests to sales management and corporate as needed.
* Works closely with and assists other departments within the organization as needed.
* Has a positive attitude with all departments and works effectively within a network organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university is required. Five+ years of related business experience. Proven sales and management experience is essential; beauty distributor experience is highly desirable.
LANGUAGE and MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Excellent communication skills in written and oral form. Ability to read and interpret documents including company policies, handbook and store manual. Ability to speak effectively with customers, employees and upper management. Ability to count and apply mathematical concepts (i.e. calculate figures and amounts when using percentages and fractions) quickly and accurately to practical situations including budget analysis.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Proven sales experience is essential; beauty or beauty distributor experience is highly desirable. Strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Demonstrated leadership experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess strong presentation ability. Excellent organizational ability and time management skills. Ability to address and resolve conflict. Ability to decode key information and initiatives and transfer knowledge to staff. Must have strong foundation in finance, in budgeting and forecasting to effectively translate sales goals to the Sales Consultant level. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. Requires the possession of a valid state driver s license and solid driving record. Additional travel required for conventions, shows, educational classes and other special events which may result in overnight travel and/or weekends. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public. Must live or be within close proximity of assigned sales territory. Position requires frequent and sometimes prolonged driving of a car, walking and standing during store or customer visits, lifting boxes from customer locations and packing and preparing boxes for returns. Uses professional judgment during all business activities (Reference Code of Professional Conduct).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk on a level surface for long periods at a time, travel in a car, use hands and fingers to grasp, type, pick up and manipulate items. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials/product throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques are required. On an infrequent basis, the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision activity required by this job includes close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view a computer terminal, reading, etc. and the ability to focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment