Benefits Analyst at Hei Hotels
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORWALK, Connecticut
HEI Hotels and Resorts began as a small hotel investment and management company in the late 1980's and has evolved into an industry-recognized and highly-respected hotel management firm with over 70 hotels within their portfolio. The Benefits Analyst is a customer-focused and analytical position supporting the needs of the Benefits Department. The Analyst is responsible for monitoring vendors in the delivery of accurate and timely processing of employee transactions, ensuring employee data is current and accurate and maintaining continuity and successful delivery of benefit services. Job Function:
* Supports the benefits manager acts as the primary lead in the day to day oversight of benefits
* Facilitates timely resolution of escalated team member benefits related issues
* Supports the delivery of benefits in accordance with plan rules and company policies for Health and Welfare and 401K program
* Provide technical research and interpretation of benefit plan provision and processes
* Partner with HRIS and Payroll associates to ensure accuracy of employee data
* Provide exceptional customer service to HR Business partners
* Support annual enrollment through setup, testing and implementation
* Maintaining required plan documentation, summaries, educational, and communications materials on the company intranet and vendor websites
* Participates in annual renewal project which includes planning, communications, testing, rollout and ongoing administration
* Assists in the setup and onboarding of newly acquired properties to the benefits plans
* Responsible for compliance testing and auditing of 401k, pension and Long Term Compensation plans.
* Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including new COBRA regulations, and enhance reporting processes. Keep abreast of federal, state and local compensation and benefits laws and emerging regulations.
* Consult with Human Resources Generalists on their compensation and benefit needs and handle escalated property claims.
* Track and reconcile benefit plan invoices and address billing discrepancies. Candidate Profile: Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree required or equivalency of direct relevant experience
* Prior experience in compensation, benefits and HR technology in a growing business with multiple units.
* 3+ years previous experience managing methodologies, policies and practices within HR, preferably in compensation and/or benefits.
* 3+ years previous experience using HR technology (preferably experience with ADP). Skills and Knowledge
* Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English. Must possess computer skills, including good knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills used in data analysis such as Vlookup and Pivot Tables
* Knowledge of requirements that apply to benefits administration and date management.
* High level of maturity and the ability to deal in confidence with sensitive proprietary and personal information
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and influence the decision making of senior management. Strong project management and prioritization skills. Why we're Awesome: - Open and communicative office environment. - Offer opportunities to take ownership over processes. - Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs. - Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. - For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. - 401(k) Savings Plan with matching contributions. - Possibility for Travel (0-5%) available. - Fantastic fringe benefits including: Free weekly lunches, Discounted hotel rooms, Themed Holiday parties, Summer Office Hours, Newly renovated employee lounge with grab and go snack counter HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled