Maintenance Mechanic / General Building Mechanic - Jefferson City at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
The Maintenance Mechanic / General Building Mechanic supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Assists MES Mobile Engineers in maintenance and repair efforts, as well as independently performing defined tasks. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* General interior maintenance hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems and repair doors.
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment and/or as directed
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Replace lighting and ballasts
* Clean HVAC coils, change filters and belts.
* Other tasks as assigned
* Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
* Practice Defensive Driving at all times
* Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license
* (if mobile)
* Submit P-card Receipts Daily
* Update work order status in real time
* Utilize CMMS systems such as 360 Facility for all work performed.
* Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
* Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner
* Attend work and safety meetings as required
* Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3rd Party Certification
* Years of relevant experience
* Have a minimum of 1- 3 years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
* Other abilities
* Strong Customer Service skills
* Strong Interpersonal skills (KS to add)
* Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
* Physical work requirements and work conditions
* Lifting up to 80 lbs.
* Working from heights.
* Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
* Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
* Driving for long periods of time.
* Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org