Structural Engineer at Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted in Other 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Arcadis is currently searching for a Structural Engineer Heavy Civil / Dams, to join our Water Business Line Water Management team in the Baton Rouge, LA office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified water management consulting firms in the country. The Staff Structural Engineer, with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of structural design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence with clients to successfully execute projects within the Local, State & Federal Water Management and Water Resources infrastructure design & construction engineering consulting markets to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Engineer will work to provide civil and structural engineering planning, analysis, design and construction services for general Water Management, Water Resources and Flood Protection systems.
* Responsible for the production of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications for projects including; pump/lift stations, floodwalls, flood gates, bridges, dams, diversion canals and stormwater systems.
* Organizes and conducts structural related engineering investigations and planning work which has a well-defined scope.
* Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
* Works effectively in team situations and establishes strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
* Develops requests for proposals, and other contract documents.
* Works directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office / project staff, client and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle, and therefore should have clear and concise, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
* Exercises his/her own judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Involved in the production of engineering and construction drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
* Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices, maintains a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, quality, rules & regulations and enforcing safety standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Structural, Civil Engineering or a related field of study with 5 years full-time experience OR MS Degree in one of the above disciplines with 3 years full-time experience.
* EIT, or ability to take within 1 year from date of hire.
* Basic understanding and experience with AutoCAD and/or other similar CADD software.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written-e.g. public speaking, ability to work as part of a team, preparation and development of technical documents, prior client involvement and/or relationship skills as part of the project team.
* Functional experience with MS Office applications.
* Proficiency in STAAD, Risa or other structural analysis and design software.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.