Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL - Energy s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Energy Engineer Team Lead. DNV GL has been retained by Commonwealth Edison (ComEd) to implement several of its energy efficiency programs for business customers. ComEd commercial and industrial customers will be eligible for technical and financial support to make their facilities more energy efficient. The Engineering Team Lead will be providing close support to this effort. This position is based out of our Oak Brook, IL office.
Tasks May Include:
* Supervise a team of 8-10 entry level engineers
* Prioritize and assign out work to the team
* Work closely with the program leads to determine assignment priorities
* Support Junior Engineers with technical guidance
* Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
* Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
* Database queries and program data analysis
* Provide technical support to other team members on an as-needed basis
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or equivalent. An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
* Minimum 1 year of experience leading a technical team is required
* Experience in Energy Efficiency is strongly preferred
* Experience conducting energy savings calculations including working knowledge of tools and energy software is preferred
* Proficiency with database and analysis tools is required
* Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge required
* Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication required
* Individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
* Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time
* We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screen
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V