Supplier Development Specialist at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Britain, Connecticut
About the Team
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) Team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company s scale to achieve the best possible price and value with the best quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the Team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
About the Job
The Stanley Black & Decker GSM Team has an opportunity for a Supplier Development & Quality Specialist based in New Britain, CT. This position will support supplier development and quality tracking for our North American suppliers.
* Perform initial supplier quality audits for newly identified suppliers to Stanley Black and Decker.
* Perform ongoing quality audits for existing North American Finished Goods suppliers.
* Document and communicate audit findings and opportunities for improvement for Manufacturing or Quality.
* Create and maintain supplier scorecards for the strategic North American Finished Goods supply base.
* Quantify supplier risk and develop strategies to lower or eliminate the risk.
* Identify and lead projects resulting in process improvement and cost-out opportunities. (Lean, VAVE)
* Work with suppliers to identify develop value stream maps.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in quality, manufacturing engineering or related discipline required.
* Experienced with application of continuous improvement tools, like SPC, FMEA, Kaizen, lean, VA/VE etc.
* Six Sigma project experience preferred (Green belt or Black belt).
* Experience in working on process, product or quality improvement teams.
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and interpret engineering specifications and standards.
* Knowledge of ISO9000 system, auditing experience preferred.
* Prior experience working in a supply chain function.
* Experience in training, facilitating preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver solutions.
* Must be self-motivated and work well in fast-paced situations.
* Effective project management skills, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient with Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Familiar with MS Access.
Why Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent: SBD is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes: Creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities: SBD is a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations with opportunity to explore different roles and further your career without having to change companies
* Be recognized & rewarded: We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions
At SBD, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.