Industrial Design Intern (Summer 2018) at Stanley Black & Decker
Posted in Other 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Southington, Connecticut
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2016 Revenue was 11.41 B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.5B of SBD annual revenue. The Global Tools & Storage Division manufactures and markets power tools, hand tools and power tool accessories under the brands of DEWALT, Black & Decker, CRAFTSMAN, Stanley, Bostitch, Porter-Cable and many more.
Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Global Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering and prototyping.
* Online and in field research
* Product graphic development.
* Painting, mock ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
* Junior or Senior level academic progress through an accredited university Industrial Design Program.
* Solid hand and digital sketch skills
* Working knowledge of CAD modeling in either full parametric or surfacing software
* Solid command of Adobe Creative Suite Software Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
* Courage & Innovation Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
* Agility & Performance Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
* Inclusivity & Collaboration Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
* Integrity & Accountability Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.