ACCOUNTANT III at Beacon Health Options
Posted in Health Care 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: NORFOLK, VirginiaJob Description:
The Accountant requires a Bachelor's or equivalent plus 4 years of experience; CPA preferred
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic ACCOUNTANT to join our team at our office in Norfolk, VA. The Accountant participates in all accounting aspects of assigned regional contracts which are closely regulated and have a higher degree of complexity, participating in the monthly close process including journal entries and all financial review and reporting activities and support for assigned sites, bank, and balance sheet reconciliations as assigned. This position also assists in audits related to the sites supported; responsible for scanning and indexing bank reconciliations, and ad hoc reporting and analysis projects completed as assigned.
- Participate in audit support for the sites involved, including reconciliations and discussion with auditors. Work closely with contract compliance to make sure accounting is in sync with regulatory and audit requirements.
- Bank account reconciliations for assigned sites.
- Review and approval of accounts payable for assigned sites.
- Monthly close process and all related journal entries, lag analysis (if applies), and participation in follow-up monthly operation report meetings.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for assigned sites, in particular inter-company reconciliations which are not required for non-regulated entities.
- Tracking of cash and cash settlements as needed for the various regulated entities.
- Ad hoc reporting needs (miscellaneous reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, tax and audit schedules).
- Completion of unclaimed property follow-up for assigned bank reconciliations.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or equivalent, such as having a degree in a different area and having taken all basic accounting courses towards a bachelor's degree, having a CPA without an accounting degree, or a Finance degree with a significant number of accounting courses)
Licensure: CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Relevant Work Experience: Four (4) years of experience in a computerized accounting environment with strong financial analytical skills is required; experience with healthcare and/or corporate accounting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Oracle financial
- Proficient with ten-key calculator
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
AAP Reporting Location:
VA - Norfolk
ID (Req #):
8:00 - 5:00