Photographer/Editor at Altice USA
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORWALK, Connecticut
Job ID: 2018-18405
Location: Norwalk, CT
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Connecticut is looking for the right candidate to shoot and/or edit video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions. The Videographer/Editor will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product. Will drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. The person in this role will be accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary.
* Associates degree in Broadcasting or Television Production preferred, Master s degree is a plus.
* Minimum of one year of experience in a television field production preferred.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
* Basic knowledge of news operations and practices helpful.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.