UI/UX Application Developer - Flexible Locations within US at Oldcastle Materials Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 131787
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span North America with 22,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 US States and 8 Canadian provinces.
The UI/UX application developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and integrations between applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. The UI/UX application developer will also support, analyze, and remedy software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Work with other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and integrations between applications.
- Support team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by developing and adhering to best practices and patterns.
- Collaborate with other application developers, business analysts and end users to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web, mobile, and desktop-based business applications.
- Assist business analysts in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development and integration software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and integrations improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and integrations between applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs and integrations for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of software and/or related applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and DB engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Experience or knowledge of with IT and/or engineering experience
- Experience or knowledge of of software development lifecycle, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience or knowledge of of applications integration development lifecycle, deployment, and support
- Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively understand concerns
- Excellent customer service skills combined with the ability to solve problems
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and monitor progress.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of UI/UX design using tools such as storyboards, process flows sitemaps
- Experience with implementing a responsive design using frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience with mobile platform development.
- Knowledge of UI/UX “mobile first” design approaches
- Understanding of database modeling.
- Understanding of development best practices
- Ability to develop front end web applications with frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue
- Knowledge of web application deployment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The position will require travel up to10%
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.