Quarry Equipment Operator / Laborer at Southern West Virginia Asphalt Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elkins, West Virginia
Job ID: 128916
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Quarry operations are also a vital part of our business. Privately owned and operated until joining the Oldcastle family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Quarry Equipment Operator
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
• Equipment operator for a limestone rock quarry.
• Must partner with other quarry employees as instructed by facility manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
• Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
• Physical ability to excavate/operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
• Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
• Ability to excavate designated areas with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship.
• Ability to operate off road truck to specifications.
• Ability to operate heavy equipment on rough grade work in quarry area.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
• Ability to follow MSHA/OSHA safety guidelines as well as those set forth by the company policy.
• Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager in order to adhere to company policies, safety guidelines.
- High school diploma / GED, preferred but not required
- Experience around quarry or coal operations
Ability to operate various heavy equipment, rock breaker, skid steer, loader, dozer, etc.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.