Data Scientist III at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Software 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chaska, Minnesota
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
The Data Scientist is an experienced statistical/operations research analyst in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques. This role will have experience querying and analyzing large data sets using traditional structured data base tools and “big data” tools for unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with supply chain and business units to identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments
- Implements solutions into executable business processes and effectively communicates complex analytical concepts to users and management
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
- Exchanges knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Masters degree in Statistics/Mathematics preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred 5-8+ years experience preferred in:
* Computer Science or Operations Research
* Data mining, statistical modeling or optimization projects using tools or languages such as SPSS, SAS, MATLAB, iLog, R, Python, Azure Machine Learning
* Working on a variety of advanced analytics projects with good understanding of the different stages of an analytics project
* Databases, data mapping, data validation, and data transformation
- Preferred experience in data management or database technologies
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.