Automotive Electronics Design Engineer at Flex
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Our Automotive segment provides complete innovation, design, build, and service solutions that make our customers more competitive across the four Mobility Megatrends of Autonomous Vehicles, Connectivity, Clean Tech, and Vehicle Electrification. Imagine what we can do, together.
We are looking for a passionate Automotive Electronics Design Engineer for our Design Center in Farmington Hills, MI who will work alongside our multi-functional engineering teams and program managers to design, develop, test, and release automotive electronic modules and systems. Your inquisitiveness, enthusiasm, and communication skills will allow you to fill a key role in technical leadership and support during product development and Request for Proposal (RFP) activities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Use technical knowledge to assist in evaluating customer requests for quote (RFQ)
- Assist in reviewing customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flex capabilities and customers’ specifications
- Participate in the design and development of new products
- Conduct testing and evaluate test results
- Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacturability, and cost
- Adhere to established Flex product development procedures and processes
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in Electronic Product Development
- Recent hands-on experience in actual circuit design
- Experience in developing product architecture and functional product definition
- Experience in all aspects of Design & Development of Automotive Electronic Controllers
- Working knowledge of circuit simulation, WCCA, DFMEA and EMC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- MS is preferred
- Experience in Design of Automotive Electronics is preferred
- Experience in Exterior Automotive Lighting is preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.