IT Solutions Architect - Atlanta, GA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Consultant 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 130816
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Oldcastle Architectural is looking for a Solution Architect (SA) to join our Enterprise Architecture team. The SA is a critical team member translating business needs into a technical solution. The role requires strong architectural and technical expertise and will partner with other technology related teams to architect and design solutions related to ERP capabilities, enterprise integration, application development, business intelligence and infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the business as well as contribute to vast improvements in process and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect and design technology solutions in support of business initiatives and projects
- Analyze existing processes and solutions to improve business capabilities
- Participate in the entire solution architecture lifecycle – from ideation and requirements through implementation and delivery
- Bridge the gap between business needs and the detailed solutions design required by the implementation teams
- Create and maintain solution architecture artifacts such as estimating level of effort, technical diagrams, user stories and related documentation
- Build prototypes and proofs of concept
- Oversee technology selection according to industry standards and best practices
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to define technology architecture principles, standards and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years of experience delivering business solutions using 3rd party, custom application development and data warehousing technologies
- 3+ years of experience integrating with ERP platforms using best practice solutions
- 3+ years of experience with business processes related to sales, procurement, finance, inventory and manufacturing functional areas
- Ability to communicate complex, technical solutions to non-technical team members
- Ability to evaluate emerging technologies to determine a fit within the existing enterprise architecture
- Attention to detail with an exceptional ability to identify and remediate solution risks
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks while maintaining control of solution delivery
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, computer science, or related field
- Infor M3 ERP experience
- Experience delivering custom application development using Java and Spring related technologies
- Experience delivering data warehousing concepts and technologies
- Comfortable with Java and Spring related technologies
- Experience writing user stories and user story mapping
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.