Asphalt Paving Foreman Trainee - Memphis, TN at APAC Tennessee Inc
Posted in Construction 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Job ID: 131426
APAC Tennessee, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company, is an industry leader in high quality asphalt and concrete pavement construction, materials, and services. Located near downtown Memphis, APAC Tennessee services Eastern Arkansas, West Tennessee, and Northwest Mississippi with mobile concrete operations servicing the Southeastern United States. At APAC our employees are our most valuable resource and why we conduct business while placing Safety First…Always.
This is a skilled position requiring employee to operate heavy equipment and at times supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in construction of surfaces on highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will direct crew members to perform asphalt paving tasks in the process of completing construction projects.
- Must be able to operate related equipment as needed
- Must have some prior experience operating Heavy Road Construction Equipment
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Must be capable of working from plans of projects to establish lines and grades for construction purposes.
- May perform other duties such as shovel work and maintenance of traffic
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a DOT physical
- Will ensure the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities as well as train new crew members as needed.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Tennessee, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Tennessee, Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.