Associate Project Cost Analyst at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
- Communicates with the Project Managers on status of bonding, insurance, and contract agreements. Updates project insurance reporting for compliance purposes.
- Participates in formulation of yearly capital and operational spending. Polling data from existing projects and forecasting reports.
- Participates in monthly cost control and reconciliation meetings. Produces monthly and quarterly forecasting reports.
- Reviews and approves Architectural, Engineering, General Contractor Billing Statements for accuracy, contract compliance, and PMO governance.
- Review and approves change orders in accordance with PMO governance; Makes adjustment to existing PO to ensure timely payment.
- Communicates with Project Managers and monitors the status of unconditional / conditional releases (lien waivers) on project billings.
- Generates and maintains cash flow projections for GREC/PMO function.
- Supervises AP functions in reconciliation of project billings.
- Assist in the development of Contract and Purchase Requests.
- Assist GREC in overall compliance with accounting procedures. Liaisons with other accounting and compliance functions in order to support projects.
- Assist in development of Capital Request (CIP) and project budgeting process.
- Assist in the audits, and preparation of reports for audits. Conducts mock audits on behalf of the PMO to ensure readiness.
- Assist in the development and communication of information related to tax issues, structural vs non-structural, segregation of expense and capital spending.
Minimum Requirements – Training and Competency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software – specifically a high-level competency with Microsoft Excel is required including macro development and basic to intermediate experience with VBA
- Working knowledge of SAP, Ariba and Tableau
- Working knowledge of VENA or other CPM platform
- Ability to develop and maintain positive team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and others
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a dynamic environment based on the needs of a growing company
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Experience and Education
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in construction management, architecture, engineering, business management or related field with at least 0 - 3 years’ experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering in a facilities construction project management environment
- Experience with Earned Value Management, cost reporting, and scheduling software
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or associated discipline