Functional Safety Manager (Automotive) at Flex
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionThe Functional Safety Manager (Automotive) will be based in Farmington Hills, MI. Automotive Functional Safety Manager will work across all Design Centers and all disciplines to meet the needs of Flex Automotive product vectors of Autonomous, Connected and Electrified including products and design services.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead across all global design centers and development teams to ensure ISO26262 (Functional Safety) standards including ASIL A-D are implemented through projects lifecycles. Embed Safety Plan in the APQP Plan (ISO/TS/IATF 16949).
- Lead across all functions; Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, Legal, Program Management and Business Development to ensure Functional Safety is adhered to and is part of the culture of the organization.
- Be the single point contact Safety Officer for all internal and external communications.
- Lead functionally diverse and geographically diverse project teams in both the process & methods elements of ISO26262 as well as all technical aspects of functional safety.
- Conduct change and problem analysis with the result that our system safety requirements are refined, verified and reported in a timely fashion
- Serve as main point of contact for customer staff and teams involved in Functional Safety: this typically involves periodic meetings at customer sites, operations and design centers.
- Lead, publish and deliver training material to bring staff up-to-speed with ISO26262, embed the culture through training.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- 8 to 14 years of management experience
- Be integral to the Product Strategy S2S process on shaping Product and Project decisions from a Functional Safety aspect.
- Be integral to the Customer Quotation process to provide guidance to the cost of meeting Functional Safety requirements.
- Survey and evaluate future and current Functional Safety related engineering service vendors.
- Prepare and implement design common QA Policies and Procedures with the Global Design Centers.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Stay abreast of all ISO 26262 influencers including IEC 61508, MISRA, SPICE, Autosar, etc and understand the impact to ISO 26262.
- Cooperates with top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
- Confers with top management in formulating fiscal budget for Global Functional Safety program.
- Stay abreast of Global Safety Standards and provide guidance to the organization of future organizational, procedural and budgetary considerations.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.