Technical Project Manager at CompuCom
Posted in Project Management 11 days ago.
Location: Minnetonka, MinnesotaJob Description:
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for delivering client projects that are focused on infrastructure, hardware deployment, and data centers. This role is also responsible for managing a project's schedule, quality, and budget to ensure that we provide our clients with a quality project on time while staying within our proscribed budget. As such, a technical project manager is expected to provide weekly budget updates, identify and manage project change requests, manage and ensure the schedule is followed, provide client reports and provide QC for all project deliverables before they go to the client.
- Plan and manages large repeatable projects and medium to small complex projects
- Accountable for the planning and successful delivery of small to medium projects with low risk, complexity and business impact
- Manages the project team in a matrixed environment to ensure all work is completed and correct.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of project delivery including, initiation, planning, execution and close out
- Accountable for understanding the concept of revenues/margins/labor cost and applying to CompuCom financial planning tools and practices
- Creates all project documentation to include but not limited to:
- Budget plan
- Project plan
- Process documentation
- Project team playbooks
- Risk matrices
- Manages budget- weekly reports and ensures budget is maintained by identifying issues in spend and correcting process or identifying need for change orders
- Prepares and delivers all client reports to client and all internal project reports
- Maintains project dashboard
- Acts as the single point of contact for the project for client and CompuCom.
- May manage a project workstream under a senior project manager.
- Manages Vendor / Sub-contractor engagements to include but not limited to:
- Create and manage purchase requisitions
- Provide details and assist in the creation of vendor SOWs
- Manage purchase order budgets
- Review and approve vendor invoices
- Manage the vendor work- ensure compliance with SOW deliverables and penalties.
- 5-7 years project management experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma certifications
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced presentation skills and communications with Project Sponsors and Project Team
- Delivery and review of status reports with Client project team and CompuCom project team
- Self-directed with ability to take initiative
- Ability to effectively liaise with peers and management
- Proven ability to direct teams in a matrixed environment
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Google G-Suite
- Collaboration Tools - Cisco WebEx