Shift Supervsior Youth Care Worker at MVM
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Homestead, Florida
Contingent upon Award
Title: Youth Care Worker Shift Supervisor
Limited Duration: Intermittent, Temporary, Seasonal/On-Call
Location: Homestead, FL
Remote option: No
Schedule: Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
In anticipation of a contract award, MVM, Inc. is looking for Youth Care Worker Shift Supervisors to be part of a highly capable team to run a shelter and all surrounding operations for the temporary care and transport of unaccompanied children (UC).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management and oversight of all Youth Care Worker staff.
- Conduct disciplinary measures with Youth Care Workers/Lead Youth Care Workers as necessary.
- Oversee training and daily debriefing of all onboarding Youth Care Worker/Lead Youth Care Worker personnel.
- Conduct regular briefings with all Youth Care Worker staff to go over any ORR or MVM policy changes, new rules and regulations, or other pertinent information.
- Resolve all issues with UC/Youth Care Workers/Lead Youth Care Workers if within job description/capability.
- Escalate all other issues to the Site Manager.
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time (up to 100%).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong managerial skills.
- Experience training and managing people and adapting to diverse situations.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite) and knowledge of common office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and be an effective and engaged team builder.
- Resolve issues as they arise in an appropriate manner with little or no supervision from upper management.
Applicants selected will be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or Child Protective Services (CPS) check
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must have mobility to stand or walk 50% - 100% of the time.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 5% - 25% of the time.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 5% - 25% of the time.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use a telephone system 75% - 100% of the time.
Physical Dimensions: Medium-duty work. Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.