Cost Analyst II at Haemonetics Corporation
Posted in Accounting 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Collects data, allocates costs, and prepares reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system. Ensures that costs are allocated according to established procedures. Gathers historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, equipment depreciation, repairs, assembly, operating expenses, etc. Investigates cost structures for new and existing areas of the company. Prices new services or products by developing unit costs and projecting expenses. Prepares reports that compare budgets with actual expenses. May prepare existing or projected profitability analyses. May recommend, design, or develop revisions to the cost accounting system.
• Assist in annual Standard Cost Roll (review prior manufacturing variances and calculate new standard costs).
• Assist in demonstrating compliance with Sarbanes Oxley section 404 requirements.
• Assist with transition from BPCS to Oracle relating to areas mentioned above as well as others as needed. This includes developing new processes and reports, troubleshooting issues, supporting new users in Operations, etc.
• Monitor and report on worldwide freight distribution costs. Work closely with the Supply Chain Management group to understand cost drivers and identify savings opportunities. Interface with Williams & Co (freight payment company) regularly and assist them with our transition to Oracle. Utilize new Trax freight system to validate invoices and develop a new process for calculating freight accruals.
• Oversee and lead the worldwide cycle count program. Analyze effectiveness and improve / streamline the processes. Monitor worldwide physical inventory counts, report on the results and ensure they are done regularly.
• Partner with manufacturing to understand business issues and develop and analyze associated costs.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Responsible for monitoring all financial aspects of Contract Manufacturing (CM). Ensure that inventory control procedures are adhered to and communicate with offshore manufacturers to eliminate inventory shrink. Provide detailed results and analyses of all CM variances and spending. Prepare CM budgets and forecasts. Monitor CM Excess and Obsolete inventory. Assist in preparing cost/benefit analyses for new opportunities, CM locations.
• Work with Operations Finance to reconcile inventory balances for monthly, quarterly and year-end audit.
Required Bachelor's Degree
Required 1 year Cost accounting experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability: Minimum requirements:
Required Cost accounting experience.