Truck Driver / CDL A / Home Nightly - Pelham, AL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pelham, Alabama
Job ID: 131850
Georgia Masonry Supply is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload products from dump trucks or flatbed trucks with Moffett
- Capable of unloading multiple stop loads
- Proper placement of materials at job site
- Identify different types and sizes of material
- Assist customers and outside vendors with any issues (i.e. matching materials and quantities)
- Keep his/her assigned equipment in proper working condition/clean at all times
- Understand daily maintenance check sheet; report any concerns to his/ her supervisor
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Qualifications / Requirements
- CDL Class A License with at least 2 years of commercial driving experience
- Must have Moffett experience
- Ability to drive dump truck and straight truck with Moffett
- Previous flatbed and dump truck experience required
- Certificate of driving school training
- Must have acceptable driving record throughout employment (driving record changes/ updates will be monitored annually)
- Detailed oriented
- Able to work in team environment
- Must be able to complete all required paperwork for job site assignments
- Meet the DOT federal regulations for certification annually
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
- Must be able to sit, bend, walk, and climb in and out of trucks and Moffett in an outdoor setting for up to 8 plus hours a day
- Prior forklift experience highly desirable
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Georgia Masonry Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Georgia Masonry Supply is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.