ASPHALT PLANT OPERATOR - DALLAS, TEXAS at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 131852
Texas Bit is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Bit is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
ASPHALT PLANT OPERATOR - DFW
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Asphalt Plant Operator today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
To operate the plant efficiently and effectively to maximize production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment. Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the production and delivery departments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of plant is completed.
- Responsible for keeping plant clean.
- Report all major maintenance problems to Lead-man or superintendent
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of the plant to further their abilities.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A or B, and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Two years of Asphalt Plant experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Able to work in or around water. Position may require taking a boat to dredge and being out on the water.
- Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
- Experience with working in Asphalt Plants
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Bit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials Texas Bit is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.