Crew Chief at Surveying And Mapping, LLC
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Midland, TexasJob Description:
Surveying And Mapping, LLC
Job ID 18-2346
Job Location US-TX-Midland
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- span>Determine most efficient plan of action for data acquisition for field surveys ranging from primary control through construction layout and as-builts, as needed
- span>Understand and follow directions
- span>Proficient with documentation of work performed and sketches
- span>Communicate daily with Project Surveyor and technician regarding project schedule and work progress
- span>Interact professionally with client representative and land owners
- span>Read and interpret construction drawings/specifications and understand all aspects of the project specifications and tolerances
- span>Prepare daily reports, time sheets, and other required paperwork
- span>Maintain vehicle and field equipment
- span>Other duties as assigned
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- span>5+ years of experience in a party chief or supervisory role required
- span>Surveying experience with tower sites, electric transmission lines and/or transportation projects
- span>Ability to keep your own field book
- span>Experience with Trimble Total Stations, Levels, Trimble R10 GNSS GPS Receivers and Windows-based rugged tablet data collectors preferred
- span>Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the company MVR requirements, clean background check and drug screening
- span>Ability to travel as business necessitates
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies' success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to email@example.com
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.