Project Manager at Harris Companies
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: St Paul, MinnesotaJob Description:
St Paul, MN, USA
Multiple positions open at various locations. Travel packages available. Permanent relocation not required.
This individual will provide project management support during all phases of HVAC construction to ensure project standards, budget, deadlines and communications are maintained.
- Review, organize and distribute Contract Documents (drawings, specifications, schedules, RFIs, Construction Bulletins, etc.) and shop drawings/submittals to appropriate team members (e.g. Harris project team, subcontractors, fab shop and vendors).
- Manage, track and report labor productivity in accounting software on a weekly basis.
- Track, update and report job financial status, potential risks using accounting software.
- Manage communications between all subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to ensure all changes in project costs are updated and current.
- Assemble and ensure project billings are submitted on time while striving for positive cash flow.
- Track, monitor and communicate project collection issues including lien rights management, customer calls, etc.
- Prepare for and attend monthly PM reviews. Actively participate in monthly PM reviews, communicating project financials, status and updates.
- Maintain equipment procurement logs while managing and tracking toll and equipment rentals.
- Order equipment and coordinate shipping schedules with purchasing department.
- Perform site walkthroughs and inspections assuring site safety compliance.
- As required, establish industry relationships to ensure project sales growth in the future.
- Attend pre-bid, page turn, project turnover and preplanning meetings as required. Assist/prepare scope/proposal letter.
- Prepare estimates utilizing estimating software and coordinate with suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to estimate projects.
- Identify, price and negotiate change orders
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be willing to travel
- 2-year Associate degree required or Journeyman level achieved
- 4-year Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent years experience with a strong knowledge of business administration and management principles.
- 3+ years knowledge or experience in the building and construction industry with a strong understanding of mechanical systems, design techniques, tools and principles.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend construction documents
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Estimating software
- PMP certification and OSHA 30 a plus
- LEED accredited/knowledge a plus
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: