Project Manager - Traveling at Harris Companies
Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: St Paul, MinnesotaJob Description:
The lush woods of Oregon. Sunshine in Nevada. Hiking a canyon in Arizona.
If these descriptions sound good to you, and you seek a career that offers a change of scene, consider a travelling role at Harris. We're looking for full time, long-term project managers who like to explore, and live, in different parts of the country. People who like to follow the projects instead of being rooted in one place for too long.
If this sounds like you, consider a traveling project manager role in Harris construction. Traveling project managers are full time Harris employees who live near a project until their work is done, then move on to any number of new locations across the country. Time spent at a project varies from as little as three months, to up to two years. We offer relocation packages, and your benefits travel with you.
Sound exciting? Apply today!
Travelling PM position description
Multiple positions are open at various locations. Travel packages are available. Permanent relocation is not required.
In this role, you provide project management support during all phases of HVAC construction to ensure project standards, budget, deadlines and communications are maintained.
- Review, organize and distribute contract documents (drawings, specifications, schedules, RFIs, construction bulletins, etc.) and shop drawings/submittals to appropriate team members (e.g., Harris project team, subcontractors, fab shop and vendors).
- Manage, track and report labor productivity in accounting software weekly
- Track, update and report job financial status and potential risks using accounting software
- Manage communications between all subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to ensure all changes in project costs are updated and current
- Assemble and ensure project billings are submitted on time while striving for positive cash flow
- Track, monitor and communicate project collection issues including lien rights management, customer calls, etc.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in monthly PM reviews; communicate project financials, status and updates
- Maintain equipment procurement logs while managing and tracking toll and equipment rentals
- Order equipment and coordinate shipping schedules with purchasing department
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: