Buyer/ Planner at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hayward, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Reviews, analyzes, and executes purchasing activities in collaboration with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Negotiates at order level e.g. Purchase order terms and conditions, delivery dates, payments terms, inventory, specifications, quality.
- Understands when a contract is needed and able to read, interpret, and develop a basic contract using standard templates / T&Cs.
- Participates in contract negotiation strategy and development.
- Negotiates at actual and at forecast demand level e.g. future buy volume, rebates, price breaks.
- Handles day to day transactions in Ariba and SAP proficiently e.g.approves, codes and reviews purchase orders.
- Understanding on how Illumina systems interact e.g. Ariba, MDG- Vendor, SAP/ Quickbase, MRP Supply and Demand, BOM structures.
- Manages large to moderate number of non-strategic and strategic supplier with parts of medium complexity to low complexity parts.
- Supports strategic suppliers.
- Participates in and may lead some routine supplier meetings.
- Tracks and communicates the performance of supplier Scorecard/ Delivery versus established KPIs.
- Communicates (and escalates as required), operational issues and works collaboratively to identify solutions.
- Participates in development of supplier strategies as part of a Sourcing team.
- Able to understand risks associated with area of responsibility e.g. critical suppliers, shelf life, quality issues, safety stock levels.
- Able to implement standard solutions to problems.
- Awareness of FDA/MDSAP requirements.
- Understands SOX & internal process audit requirements and able to highlight compliance risks.
- Able to review supplier financial reports / D&B.
- Able to prepare and manage moderately complex financial spreadsheets in a structured way.
- Able to analyze information and identify key trends and conclusions.
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or no experience and a Master’s degree.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong Organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Experience with SAP, JDE, Oracle ERP/MRP systems
- CPIM or CPM certification desirable.
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A desire to be a part of and lead highly motivated teams in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
- Bachelor’s degree
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf