Senior Manager, Local Connections at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Senior Manager, Local Connections is responsible for providing critical thinking and thought leadership across priority local connections plans and media buys to ensure strongest national to local coherence across plans. This work is inclusive of extending brand connections plans to the local level across franchise leadership and bottler regions as well as customer connections plan development and execution across key Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans. He/She will report to the Director of Local Connections.
The role is responsible, in partnership with Connections team, Franchise Leadership and Strategic Partnership Marketing to lead the local extension of plans for maximum business value. Leveraging holistic Connections Plans and national to local investment approach for best in class connection plans across paid, earned, owned, and shared connection points.
This person is able to link business strategy to communications objectives and translate the communication strategy into an optimal localized extension of the plan. This role also leads development, training and sell-in across connections plans and national to local investment approach across Franchise Leadership and key Bottling Partners.
This role will lead the prioritization, negotiations and full leverage of added value creation from the connections plans locally. Inclusive of: Broadcast, Print, Online, Radio, OOH, Mobile, Search, Social, etc. He or She will also be responsible for partnering with the Connections partner agencies across Local Media and Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans and buying.
The Senior Manager, Local Connections will also be responsible for supporting and assisting in development of a Local Connections team annual business plan (ABP), learning annually to drive future long-range recommendations and stewardship post review for prioritizing biggest opportunities for maximum return across the portfolio of brands and local media needs.
Function Specific Activities:
- Interprets business data to develop insightful solutions to business problems. Translates business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the agency’s direction.
- Experienced in strategy and architecture development, media planning and buying; management of investment strategy across online and offline channels, with focus on the local media landscape opportunity.
- Lead and manage external agency partners. Serve as the day-to-day management of agency deliverables. Be the internal team’s “go-to” for all local connection planning questions and deliverables across Franchise Leadership and Bottling community.
- Actively participate, influence and on-going knowledge transfer in key Franchise Leadership and Bottling community planning routines.
- Understand and apply strategic leadership to translate most effective national and local connections plan coherence.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Related Work Experience: 10 - 15 years
Preferred Qualifications: Strategic thinking, strategy and brand development, marketing experience, has worked in areas of communication beyond paid media (e.g. Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Public Relations, etc.), superior media planning and buying acumen.
Solid strategic thinking and ideation
Project management skills
Connections planning and investment across paid and beyond touch-points
Superior Influencing Skills
Adept data and analytics knowledge and application
Strong Financial Acumen
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.