Graduate Traffic Engineer at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Mechanicsburg, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Graduate Traffic Engineer with experience consistent but not limited to:
- Assisting a motivated team of professional engineers in the development of highway and traffic engineering projects to include:
- Traffic signal design
- Optimization and coordination of signalized systems
- Design of adaptive signal systems
- Preparation of signing and pavement marking plans
- Preparation and review of traffic impact studies (TIS)
- Traffic safety studies
- Pedestrian and bicycle studies
- Traffic and data collection
- Design of intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Preparation and review of Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) applications
- Maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT) plans
- Other duties assigned
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with exposure to traffic/transportation engineering
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience
- Basic computer skills required, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some CAD experience preferred
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)