Sr. Sales Support Specialist at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Providence, Rhode IslandJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Sales Support Specialist
Government & Institutional Banking / Providence or Boston
Sales support specialists serve as a resource to the Government & Institutional Banking (GIB) Department by providing professional, courteous and efficient customer service to the Bank's public entity clients. They are responsible for performing operational support for GIB and providing general support to Relationship Managers and customers. They monitor exception pricing and resolve problems within given authority. They assist with internal and external of audits and examinations. They also prepare reports and participate in special department projects as needed.
GIB Sales Support Specialists are aligned with one or more GIB RMs. They assist with revenue growth and client retention by organizing proposals and presentations, preparing for relationship reviews, and managing exception pricing. They also provide consultative sales support through product demonstrations and webinars, and preparing for fraud awareness seminars and presentations.
Responsibilities and Primary Activities:
- Participate in the sales process including pre-and post-sale activities by developing proposals, pitch books, and sales presentations for GIB RMs.
- Assist with RFP production, prepare pro forma pricing, relationship reviews, and other documentation required to assist in the sales process.
- Participate, as needed, in joint calls as well as pre-call planning and post-call debriefs.
- Assist in the identification of new business and cross sell opportunities, and assist RMs with achieving their cross-sale goals.
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy of the Account Analysis system including customer relationship \"linkage\" and exception pricing. Help RMs manage exception pricing by producing and distributing monthly analysis reports (excel spreadsheets) and accrual reports. Track exception pricing via excel spreadsheet and distribute to RMs on a monthly basis. Prepare exception price renewal proformas with RMs and assist with the presentation to the Pricing Committee.
- Maintain existing portfolio of clients by answering phones and emails and providing professional, courteous, and timely support.
- Identify and escalate serious customer issues to RMs and/or management in a timely manner.
- Serve as first line assistance for triaging issues via phone and email, and \"dispatch\" calls to partners that include (but are not limited to) Service, DTS and Implementation.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations impacting services and performance of duties.
- Assist in the coordination and support of RDC/ACH risk assessments, and documentation (MSA) updates.
- Periodically review customer documentation for accuracy.
BS preferred -- Business Administration, Finance, Economics
3-5 years of financial services and sales support experience
Successful candidates should possess the following skills:
- Ability to establish priorities and manage competing deliverables
- Ability to discuss bank products with customers in a courteous and professional manner over the telephone, in person, and in writing (required)
- Ability to manage time, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines (required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Knowledge of Cash Management products including but not limited to online banking, positive pay, ACH, wire, lockbox, remote deposit (preferred*)
- SalesForce, SharePoint and Adobe are desired