Assistant Store Manager at PPG Industries
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers' biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com .
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be a vital part of a fast-paced, customer-focused environment. You will assist with running a retail store location, delivering exceptional customer service and helping the store achieve top sales and profit performance.
Other responsibilities of the Assistant Manager role include:
- Ensuring that service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Maintaining a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership
- Maintaining an understanding of local market, operations-based selling, and customer base
- Achieving sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage, and growing net contribution
- Ensuring that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards