Sr Supplier Quality Engineer at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
- Participate as a core member of development teams to assure processes are in place to design and release highly reliable products
- Provides Quality Assurance expertise and guidance for New Product Development, Manufacturing Operations, Supplier Development, and Product Quality
- Aides in the assessment and qualification of new supplier materials such as component specifications and inspection standards
- Maintain goals and metrics for existing and new products, regularly reporting on the progress to reach product objectives
- Participates in supplier audits to drive process standardization and continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for reduced inspection of purchased materials based on risk and quality performance
- Leads and facilitates failure investigations; ensuring mitigations and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Contribute and lead component qualification deliverables such as process validation, first article inspection, and capability studies
- Works with strategic partners and suppliers to ensure global awareness and compliance to procedures and specifications
- Experience contributing to cross-functional product development teams
- Experience with Quality, Project Management, and Process Engineering methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated capability in successfully managing and leading change
- Practice identifying, mitigating, and resolving risks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting and competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis, value stream mapping, 6‐Sigma, and Kaizen events preferred
- Experience with electronic product life cycle (PLM) systems such as Agile or SAP
- Practical experience in FDA and ISO regulated environments is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis packages such as JMP and Minitab is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
- BS or equivalent in an engineering or science discipline with 5+ years of experience.
- MS in a technical discipline with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, in-vitro diagnostics preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf