Programmer/Analyst - Temporary at API Technologies Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
SUMMARY: Temporary Programmer/Analyst role needed for approximately eight weeks to build Supply Chain application using VB.net. Experience with Visual Basic, SQL and excel is needed. Understanding of a manufacturing environment is helpful.
Programmer/Analysts perform the systems analysis and software development needed to support the operational and administrative objectives of the company. A Programmer/Analyst performs the jobs of both a systems analyst and a computer programmer. Systems analysts design and develop software and computer systems. Computer programmers implement the designs by writing computer programs as well as updating and repairing existing programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Review and analyze business needs, determine scope, and propose recommendations for solutions.
• Architect, develop, and implement Windows and browser-based applications using the Microsoft.Net developer toolsets.
• Architect, develop, and implement supporting database systems using Microsoft SQL Server.
• Perform systems operations and troubleshoot application problems as they occur.
• Maintain knowledge of pertinent computer systems hardware and software.
• Provide system documentation as appropriate.
• Provide user training and support where appropriate.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Develop applications, database queries and reports based on the customer’s needs or requested by manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science AND
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in computer programming OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• SQL query building with a good understanding of relational databases.
• .Net programming (preferably vb.net and asp.net).
• Computer skills in the use of pertinent types of hardware, software and peripherals.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Design and development of systems, programming and database skills.
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
• Web development proficiency.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: .
• Experience developing applications for manufacturing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is an office-based position.