Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
SUMMARY: The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the planning and design of mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. They will direct and coordinate activities involved in design, analysis, documentation, fabrication, operation, application, installation, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems and will develop, coordinate, and be the point of contact for projects and plan implementation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• Designs products or systems such as instruments, controls, power distribution systems, power conversion systems, and electro-mechanical, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
• Develops and coordinates individual project work plans and manages through completion taking needed corrective action and informs Supervisor and Department Manager of any major developments or changes in direction of the project.
• Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
• Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Initiates status report for all assigned projects and keeps Management informed on progress.
• Collaborates on the preparation of work plans and monitors actual progress of applicable portions, taking any corrective action required.
• Develops designs and performs analyses for equipment suitable for use and reliable performance within a range of commercial, industrial and military applications in laboratory, ground, mobile, shipboard, and airborne environments.
• Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
• Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Interface with cross-functional team(s) as needed and maintains an open line of communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, AND
• 5-8 years related experience, OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Proficient with SolidWorks 3D models and drawing
• Familiarity with military specifications and environments desired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is an office-based position.
• This is a manufacturing position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.