FRD PCB Designer/Electro Mechanical Drafter at API Technologies Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Frederick, Maryland
API Technologies is recruiting a PCB designer who has experience with Mentor Graphics and is willing to do PCB layout design 75% of the time while working in a highly collaborative design department on product needs and issues.
The PCB Designer will support the design and development of complex PCB designs for RF modules and digital controllers for subsystem units. The PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Designer position will finalize all schematics received from Engineering. The designer will perform the layout and/or mechanical layouts and implementation of design rules on PCBs of varying complexity. The proper PCB tools are to be applied to ensure that boards function as expected with reference to specific requirements. The designer is responsible for maintaining and creating symbols and library patterns as required by product designs. The designer will create formal documentation and electronic files required to support the manufacture and assembly of all PCBs.
- Establish layouts/designs for products requiring comprehensive knowledge of IPC standards, industrial practices and engineering principles.
- Coordinate electrical and/or mechanical layout and packaging with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers on product team.
- Create and maintain component parts library and database.
- Develop high quality designs demonstrating ease of fabrication and assembly.
- Prepare all associated documentation, bills-of-material, and electronic files required to manufacture PCBs.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER Duties & Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
Must be willing to perform additional drafting duties, such as generating ECN’s, wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is preferred, technical diploma/license in related field is required.
- Must have experience using Mentor Graphics PADS PCB and PADS Logic software.
- Should be familiar with IPC Standards and implement those standards in PCB designs.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience in electronic packaging/printed circuit board layout.
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Corel Draw, Adobe Acrobat, Web proficiency.
- Experience with Autocad, Autodesk Inventor or other 2D/3D CAD software package.
- Experience designing high-layer count (>6) .
- Knowledge of electronics assembly operations.
- This is an office-based position in a manufacturing facility.