PA - Cardiology (General & Electrophysiology) - Fargo, ND at Essentia Health
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Building Location:32nd Avenue Building
Job Description:Utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, works independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. Provides health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. They may care for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly as noted in age-related category and area of expertise.
Education Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in a health/science-related field
Cardiology (General & Electrophysiology)
Become a part of our growing, collegial and fast-paced Cardiology team. Offering multi-specialty services, this high-energy team is committed to customer service and high-quality care to our region. Work collaboratively on a team-based model that includes a great mix of Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians along with a strong team of nurses, techs and ancillary staff within our Heart & Vascular Department.
- One (1) full-time position; 1.0 FTE status; this position would be a hybrid of general cardiology & electrophysiology
- Clinic is Mon-Fri between 8a-5p
- Treat adult inpatient & outpatients
- 1:5 hospital rounding during normal work schedule; 1:5 weekend rounding rotation (Sat from 8a-12p); no evening call coverage
- 12-15 outpatients per day
- 10-15 inpatients per day when on hospital rounding rotation
- Potential outreach in regional locations for general cardiology needs (anticipate 8-12 outpatients per day)
- Cardiology background preferred, but not required; will consider new graduates.
- Skill set includes but not limited to hospital rounding, independent clinic visits, vast knowledge of heart & vascular pathophysiology, and strong patient communication and educational skills.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, while working both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. The NP/PA will provide health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. They may care for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly as noted in age-related category and area of expertise. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
- Preferred background/experience in Cardiology.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in appropriate state (if NP); will need ND & MN.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in appropriate state; will need ND & MN licensure and DEA.
- Current certification in CPR
- National certification, in applicable area.
- Successful completion of Essentia Health credentialing process prior to practice.
For more information, contact:
Miranda (Randy) Glandt | 701.364.8934 | Miranda.Glandt@EssentiaHealth.org
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Weekends:rotating Saturday morning (inpatient rounding)
Union Posting Deadline: