PACAF PEX Administrative Support - 16472 at Camber Corporation
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: pearl harbor, Hawaii
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-TSD, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) is currently seeking qualified candidates for a PEX Administrative Support role to work at Osan Air Base South Korea, Kunsan Air Base, or Misawa Air Base. This posting is for future openings on the Pacific Air Force Fighter Squadron Support program.
This program supports non-flying duties in Combat Air Forces (CAF) fighter squadrons that traditionally utilized pilots/Weapons System Officers (WSOs) to fill as additional duties. The squadrons operations support functions provide skills such as Aircrew Scheduling, Operations Training support, Standardizations & Evaluations (Stan/Eval) support, Mobility/Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) Security Manager Assistant/Weapons Duty Officer (WDO) and Patriot Excalibur (PEX) Administrative support. Work locations included are at the following Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) locations: Kadena AB (Japan), Eielson AFB (Alaska), JBER (Alaska), Misawa AB (Japan), Osan AB (Korea), Kunsan AB (Korea) and Hickam AFB (Hawaii).
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
The PEX administrator is the individual responsible for the maintenance, operation and training for the PEX system. The Contractor shall:
- Ensure the PEX servers have all required software patches and can operate on the Air Force computer network
- Plan upgrades to the servers at such a time to have minimal impact on daily operations
- Schedule and upgrade the PEX system software as updates become available from the PEX vendor (These upgrades will be scheduled with the PEX vendor and shall be planned to have minimal impact on daily operations)
- Ensure unit personnel are trained for their job interfacing with the PEX system
- Work with Wing/Group OSS Scheduling to develop procedures to utilize PEX for scheduling functions
- Train scheduling personnel how to interface with the PEX system according to developed procedures
- Provide periodic training sessions covering all the modules in PEX to unit personnel
- Compile inputs for improvements to the PEX system and provide them as required for the PEX Requirements Working Group
- Test new versions and recommend improvements as requested
- Interface with Wing Plans and Programs to ensure all requirements of AFIs are met, on a timeline to being accomplished or a waiver to those requirements are in place
- The PEX support position shall be capable of being cross utilized in the Stan/Eval, UDM, Scheduler, and Training positions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a Fighter Squadron/Group/Wing PEX position or experience working in a DoD Flying Squadron/Group/Wing Stan/Eval or operations office
- Active passport (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Experience working with PEX or similar proprietary Stan/Eval programs
- Secret Clearance
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
See Job Description