Customer Care Advocate Start date 4/30 at Cigna
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The Customer Care Advocate is responsible for providing a high level of customer service, quality and accuracy when taking in-bound calls from our customers. Customer Care Advocates provide first call resolution when responding to a variety of customer inquiries pertaining to Short Term and Long Term Disability Leaves and Benefits.
• Responds with a sense of urgency to inquiries from policy holders, providers and/or others for information and assistance regarding insurance claims, benefits and policies.
• Proactively investigates and resolves complex customer service issues, calls, and complaints.
• Uses critical thinking when problem solving, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
• Establishes clear call expectations & explanations, follows-up as promised, actively listens and probes for clarification so as to better provide guidance.
• Interprets & explains policy provisions to the customer’s satisfaction and level of understanding.
• Able to de-escalate callers and appropriately address sensitive issues while communicating information in as tactful and positive a manner as possible.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality across all interactions in adherence with all privacy regulations and requirements.
• Seamlessly incorporates Cigna's “The Words We Use” into all internal and external interactions and communication.
• Able to handle a large volume of calls and work in a high pressure call environment.
• Able to meet and work within service center metric requirements including Average Handle Time, After Call Work, Quality and Schedule Adherence.
• Active participation in staff meetings and learning activities.
• Completing additional tasks and projects as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Working knowledge of basic computer functions including Microsoft products, internet research and email communication.
• Able to navigate between multiple software systems or applications with relative ease.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties.
• One year of experience in a Customer Service environment interacting with a culturally diverse population a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.