Laboratory Technician I - Inventory at Precision Medicine Group
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Play a critical role in helping patients gain access to the treatment they need. This position is responsible for specimens in our state of the art facility that have been collected by our clients who are managing clinical trials to secure the required approval for potentially life-saving patient treatments. Clinical trials depend on biological specimen samples being withdrawn and deposited on a continual basis.
Our Biorepository facility currently houses over 25 million specimens. When biospecimens are returned to our facility or requested for further testing, the Laboratory Technician has a critical role in processing biological samples in an accurate and timely manner. As a highly regulated industry, subject to frequent audits, professionals who are systematic, comfortable with repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment and detailed oriented are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
This temporary assignment is offered out of our Frederick, MD facility, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM–5:00PM. OT and weekend hours are expected based on business need. This is a 3 month assignment with the possibility of full-time conversion based on business need.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Unpack specimens and record all pertinent information in Incoming Shipment Batch and Incoming folder
- Distribute confirmation of shipment receipt form if required by project
- Check information on sample vial against information provided by the study site or data coordinating center
- Correct paperwork where necessary and inform Supervisor/Manager of any discrepancies
- Assist data entry in generation of reports and inventory work lists as well as perform first key of data collection sheets
- Perform quality control checks of sample inventory
- Store incoming samples at appropriate temperature following guidelines set by Supervisor/Manager
- Pull samples according to requisition, SOP, and instructions
- Perform quality control verification of outgoing samples
- Update Outgoing Batch Records
- Prepare shipments (dangerous and non-dangerous goods) for Commercial or local courier
- Carry out other tasks/duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years relevant experience OR equivalent higher education in related field
- Experience with computer software programs such as Excel, Access, Inventory Management Systems
- Attention to detail is a must ensuring error-free workmanship