Senior Mount/Saw Process Engineer at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications. We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array team to help provide the vision and technical expertise necessary to drive our development activities needed to lead the industry in product capability and manufacturability. We are looking for someone who can develop and/or improve Mount processes relating to mounting die on wafers and/or Saw processes for sigulating die and who will consistently drive to push our processing technology and manufacturability beyond its current capability.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with fluency in technologies and applications domain.
- Desire to win and ability to effectively integrate in with the team
- Self-motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team’s vision and goals
- Strong knowledge base of processes used to mount die/bars to wafers.
- Experience with a variety of wafer bonding/die bonding systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming and operation of Pick and Place systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with Palomar Pick and Place systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge Saw equipment and processes used to singulate wafers.
- Experience in singulating bonded wafers a plus.
- Knowledge of post singulation clean equipment and processes.
- Experience with MEMS (Micro Electrical-Mechanical System) fabrication
- Experience with and understanding of the proper implementation and use of statistical process control techniques
- Experience with data collection and databases
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate plans, experiments, progress, and results
- Ability to write Operation Specifications for Equipment and Processes in a clear and concise manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the vision for the future of process development/improvement activities needed to lead in product capability and manufacturability
- Sustain and improve current and develop new processes in the mount and saw areas
- Consistently drive our processing technology beyond its current capabilities and robustness
- Lead and complete projects on schedule and budget
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting, Waling, Climbing, Bending, Sitting, Standing Stooping, Kneeling
- Office environment with travel up to 10%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS