Quality Technician - Receiving at DRS Technologies
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Electronics is a collection of Lines of Businesses and Centers of Excellence driven to be the U.S Navy's Leading provider of electronics products, subsystems, systems and integrated solutions, and expand into adjacent markets. Naval Electronics site locations span across the continental United States
and include Johnstown, PA, Largo, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Twin Cities, MN, Germantown, MD, Washington, DC, and San Diego, CA
Technician II Quality Assurance - Receiving
Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
- Collect data and reviews documentation for conformance, accuracy and completeness. Coordinates and/or inspects product for conformance to drawings and documentation
- Able to interpret and apply industry standards such as IPC 610, ANSI J-STD-001, etc
- Assist Quality Engineers with development of inspection plans, MRB investigations and process surveillance/audit activities; also,
- Calibration - consisting of data collection, coordinating and performing calibration activities, and assisting with verification of equipment and tooling status and improvement opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsible for testing, modifying, reworking, and repairing electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Work from moderately complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and test prototype assemblies and production units
- Use judgment in re-working or re-wiring to bring unit within quality control specifications
- Testing, inspection, and repairing of electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies
- Work under minimal supervision and may provide guidance to other technicians
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- May assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
2+years of Experience
- Requires an associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Experience handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Soldering and wirebonding experience a plus
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals
- Experience using various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview
- Experience with MRP a plus
- Must have good mechanical skills
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #NEL