Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
at samaritan services, inc.
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Mostly 12 hr shifts (3 in week one during the week); 2nd week 2 days M-F and then Sat and Sun (9-5 or 1-5) - Roughly 36 to 40 hrs (pay OT, time and a half)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned .
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Provide convenient, friendly patient care to all who come through our door seeking health related services.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring affect for patients.
- Working environment subject to varying fast paced and high stress conditions, including long and variable hours, changing locations, and continuous and frequent contact with others.
- Performs medical assessment of clinic patients
- Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for clinic patients.
- Oversees, directs and supports on site laboratory, x-rays, injections, and collections for direct access services, if applicable.
- Maintains clinical core competency.
- Works with DVP and other staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards.
- Cooperates and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice, quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with company.
- Recommends potential means of growth and development for new and/or existing services within the Center.
- Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of education programs for staff.
- Represents company and the clinic as reasonably required at internal and external meetings or events.
- Provides guidance to other medical staff (e.g. physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical assistants) to ensure quality professional services and patient satisfaction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant certifying bodies.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a provider is required.
- Family Nurse Practitioner or PA: 2 years
- ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care or Family practice: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Certified as FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER or PA