Product/Systems Development Engineer at Scientific Search
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fremont, California
The Systems Engineer works with engineering and Science & Technology to ensure that the client designs and builds high quality, consistent products.
Bridges the gaps between Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, and Software Engineering to ensure that all components work together efficiently and properly in the finished system.
In addition to design responsibilities, the Systems engineer is responsible for debugging new product prototypes, and provides support for product development manufacturing in debugging extraordinary problems on the production line.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define product requirements, engineering specifications, sub-contractor and vendor specifications, test plans and test procedures.
- Define sub-contractor Performance Work Statements
- Perform analyses to model the behavior of the designed system with respect to environmental conditions to elicit subsystem requirements. Verify that the design as built performs as anticipated by the model.
- Perform trade studies leading to optimal system-level architectures which also support modularity, re-use of sub-systems, peripherals compatibility, integration of third party modules and interfaces with other systems.
- Coordinate risk identification, analysis, and response planning for assigned projects and programs using industry or Government standard process
- Develop and communicate budgets for power, weight, noise, etc. for sub-systems based on overall system requirements.
- Familiar with DOD Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements and products such as sustainability, maintainability, reliability, and provisioning.
- Work with all engineering disciplines to ensure successful integration of final product.
- Participate in overall test program including execution of system level tests.
- Ability to define procedures, process, and specifications for Information Assurance.
- Work cooperatively with Business Managers, Project Leaders, Program Managers, and Departmental Managers to ensure a high standard of integration and teamwork aimed at achieving company goals and objectives
- Provide requirements management and architecture support to software engineers.
- Provide support and oversight to in-house or sub-contracted Integrated Product Support functions, including Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability; Human Systems Integration, Provisioning, Maintenance, Technical Manuals, and Training.
- Develop and implement Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
5+ years in product design development and Systems Engineering.
- Product Development Process, DoD and DHS Systems Engineering Requirements, Requirements
- Management Tools (e.g., Teamcenter, DOORS, Cradle), MATLAB experience a plus.
- Familiarity with DoD and TSA acquisition process, Systems Engineering process, and Security process a plus
- Experience working with DOD Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements and products such as sustainability, maintainability, reliability, and provisioning.
Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan.
Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.