Software Engineer 3- Android at Asurion
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Mateo, California
The Software Engineer Mobile - Level 4 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer Mobile – Level 4 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional/performance requirements. The position will be responsible for unit testing and code reviews and other development activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer Mobile – Level 4 will maintain an understanding and work to develop expertise of the functional software engineering processes used by Asurion. This position may work as an IT functional track lead for a team of developers to evaluate and implement technology solutions that meet business objectives. While reviewing the work of peers may be involved, this is strictly limited to the project assignment, with no ability to hire, fire or make personnel decisions regarding other employees.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Conducts code reviews with peers and management
- Work closely with UI designers and Product Owners to refine the product requirements
- Works with Business Analysts and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Creates processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and * Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Work closely with Product and UX team as part of Journey Team, perform product discovery, user testing, prototyping and designing/implementing final solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 4 or more years of software development experience required or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field plus 1 year of software development experience
- 3 or more years of development experience using Mobile Technologies required (1 year of experience if the applicant possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field)
- Experience with 2 more Android Frameworks: Corona SDK, PhoneGap, Xamarin, Sencha Touch 2, Appaccelerator, JQuery Mobile. Dojo Mobile, Sproutcore, Mo Sync SDK.
- Experience with accessibility development is a plus
- Experience with cloud message APIs and GCM notifications
- Working knowledge of mobile development concepts: app lifecycle, RESTful web service integration, concurrency, and mobile testing
- Experience with ReactNative is a plus
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices: object-oriented programming, design patterns
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Specific knowledge/experience in one or more or the following required:
- Application development in one or more of the following Blackberry, Windows, Android, iPhone or BREW;
- Source control systems like CVS (Concurrent Versions System), SVN (Subversion), VSS (Visual SourceSafe), and Perforce;
- Interfacing with OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and Mobile Carriers;