Material Controller at MillenniumSoft Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Position : Material Controller
Location : San Jose, CA
Duration : 08+months contract
Start Time : 8:00 AM
End Time : 5:00 PM
Total Hours/week : 40.00(Mon-Fri)
- Working knowledge of automated shipping and tracking systems.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed verbal instructions.
- Strong non-confrontational verbal communications skills.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment upon completion of training.
- A high school diploma or equivalent certificate is required.
- A minimum of 24 months shipping or receiving experience in pharmaceutical or biotech environment, or military or healthcare supply preferred, OR a minimum of 18 months (with 24 months preferred) experience with progressively increasing responsibility within BD/Pharmingen receiving area.
- Works on tasks that are complex in nature with minimal supervision.
- Receives and processes inbound deliveries including the loading and unloading of trucks; checks deliveries of materials and equipment for overage, short, or damage, and matches packing slip to open purchase order for required quantities; delivers materials to ordering departments; assists with materials inspection and quarantine as required by current SOPs.
- Maintains consumable supply inventory; conducts weekly cycle count and submits status to Purchasing.
- Deliver materials to ordering departments from in-house stock requests or from purchase order receiving.
- Monitors usage of compressed gases and changes cylinders as required or scheduled.
- Maintains warehouse/receiving area in a clean and safe manner.
- Coordinates with QA/QC departments the movement of supplies into and out of quarantine.
- Maintains daily record of incoming shipments and in-house deliveries of supplies, chemicals, or mail.
- Will operate a forklift and company truck.
- Participates in all required workplace safety meetings, and remains current in knowledge of SOP’s relating to health and safety.