Senior Full Stack Engineer at Hugo Insurance
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
We've built a microservice architecture that allows us to rapidly scale to accommodate ever-increasing user needs. Your job is to build new services that enhance the customer experience or our internal tooling while maintaining our standards of performance and robustness.
You'll collaborate closely with our CEO, CTO, DevOps, and Front End engineers to build across our tech stack and deliver best-in-class insurance technology.
As with all of our engineers, you will test, QA, deploy, and maintain your own code within our continuous integration framework. That means pushing a change to production on your first day, and continuing to improve our services from then on. As you learn, you'll be able to keep the team informed on emerging best practices, and champion ideas you believe in.
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems
- Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge of C++ or Java
- Experience with Git or another distributed version control system
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Excited to work in a rigorous CI environment that favors robust, performant code vs. quick hacks
- Contributions to open source projects
- Proficient with Git/Github and Jenkins
- Deeply motivated to build things that make a real difference to everyday lives
We pay competitive salaries. We're serious about remote work and flexible hours. Equity and benefits included. All negotiable.